Friday, October 2, 2009

Police arrest fake lawyer

A 45-year-old man, who had been parading himself as a human rights lawyer, has been arrested.

He was paraded yesterday by the Lagos State Police Command.

The suspect, Abayomi Balogun, who resides at Number 30, Sayanolu Street, Oko-oba, Agege, was arrested at Elere Police Station where he had gone to represent one of his ‘clients.’

He was paraded by police spokesman Frank Mba.

Balogun, a father of five children, told The Nation that he did not charge his ‘clients,’ but rather he helped them on humanitarian grounds.

He said: "My only regret is that I paraded myself as a lawyer when I am not.

"But I am not happy at the way the police detain people illegally without trial.

"If anybody says I have collected money from him or her, that person should come and testify."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured ads

Click for more news and information